Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy days are here again

I was elated on Monday morning. Jumping around in my closet, throwing clothes everywhere. Why you ask? Ok, I'll tell you why. I'm shrinking! My butt and thighs are actually shrinking!

I took my measurements and they were about the same as always (maybe lost a half an inch) but it was enough to notice BIG changes in the way my jeans fit. One pair in particular were downright baggy! Which of course caused the happy dance clothes throwing party in my closet.

I proceeded to try on everything I owned and it all felt a little looser. I am just hoping that it's fat I'm losing and not muscle. I should be safe considering the amount of protein in my diet and the fact that I am weight training. That will save my muscle. The look of my legs still needs work but now I'm more confident than ever that I can do this by summer!!

I really needed this. I needed to see change because it's been far too long. After months and months of struggling and going nowhere, I finally can see the light. What did it? What was the missing link? CLEAN EATING!!! Never in my life have I eaten a diet completely free of sugar and processed foods. I've tried to eat very healthy in the past 5 years but I've always saved a day for treats. Some people can get away with that. I think when you have a lot of weight to lose having a cheat meal once a week is good. But if you're like me, it becomes a matter of making great sacrifices. And I tell you what, I would totally sacrifice chocolate cake for the rest of my life if it means I'll finally be rid of the jiggle on my legs!!!!!!!

No comments: