Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress pics

This is why I am totally getting a mini trampoline today!
click here
I think I like the sound of everything good it does for a body! Plus, the kids will have lots of fun jumping to get exercise. They desperately want an outdoor trampoline but Pappa bear will never let them.

AND, I took some new progress pics. I feel SO STUPID standing in front of a mirror flexing muscles and taking pictures of myself BUT I would feel even more stupid asking my husband to take them. Enough whining, here they are:


Setting up

Upper body

Side view

Little bit of triceps?

Non existent hamstrings, no matter how many deadlifts I do...wtf?

They are slightly bigger when I try to flex


Quads - I can almost barely see the line of separation between the lateralis and medialis

Please note that my photography sucked here but it's difficult to take pictures of yourself ;)

Also, I am not trying to be vain. This is a diary of my journey to building a body I can be proud of so I need to document my progress. It keeps me accountable. And I hope to inspire a few readers along the way.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

omg charlotte - you have a FANTASTIC body !!!! but how on earth can you say you have a skiny fat lower half!! i feel like a hippo next to you! i will post some progress pics when i have enough progress to notice. i love your upper - very defined. how long / hard did it take? really, how fat were you when you started? i had muffin top rolls over my jeans when i got back on track in february - were you ever that flabby?

Charlotte said...

It felt like it took a long time, I would say a good year before I really was able to notice change (after finally being consistant). I was a haphazard exerciser for years before, having a plan and being consistent works better ;) But it wasn't until recently that I really noticed muscle in my upper body popping out. 3 months maybe? And that was after I started eating cleaner and more protein. I weighed about 125 before I had my 3rd child - up to 180 at 9 months preggers (yikes!). It took me a year to get the weight off (and I got down to 109lbs). But I think I lost what muscle I did have because I was all jiggly and soft. I have been trying to add muscle and definition ever since - been about 4 years in the making. Had to read a lot and learn for myself cuz I was clueless. (and I had a little muffin top going for sure!)
You are NO hippo, woman! Can't wait to see your progress!!