Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 29 - start of Phase 2

Today marks the start of the second of 3 phases in the workout plan I am currently following. The first month seemed almost too easy, since there was no cardio. Today, that changes.

I am moving to a six day split with weights and adding 4 days of cardio. So this morning, I did my weight workout (back) and then hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. Ugh....now I know why I hate running on the treadmill. In all fairness, it is a bit more interesting when you are in a room with other people plugging away at the same thing and there are tvs. Not that I watch them. But they are there. I guess I could run the track, but something about looping and looping and looping doesn't seem very nice on the knees.

I'm supposed to be starting to cut back a little on starchy carbs now. It looks like the menu shows no starch after the mid-afternoon meal. Hmmm, this ought to be interesting! I fear the next two months are going to test my will and determination. But I'm holding strong.

My clothes fit so much looser already. This gets me super pumped for what the the new year holds! I had on a pair of pants yesterday when I realized something, they used to be tight against my thighs and butt. They are now loose. So I decided to get out my "test" pair of jeans. There was an area of sag just beneath my butt cheeks where I had previously been ready to burst out. These were pants I never really wore because I felt they looked to tight. Not anymore! This is working.

In my measurements today most of it stayed the same, but my flexed bicep went up half an inch and my shoulders went up 1 inch. I am not sure how accurate the shoulder measurement is though, I need to start having Andreas measure me instead of Eden. But I'll take it! Weight is up to 112.6. Wonder what it will be in about a week?

So, the average woman who strength trains with weights 3 times per week can gain 1 pound of muscle a month. That seems like a painstakingly long time for 1 measly pound! I know the road is long and hard but I'm willing to travel it.

Today is going to be a busy day. I need to go grocery shopping, make my Halloween costume (I'm going to be a mummy), get my front porch spookified, prepare some protein for the week: chicken, chicken, more chicken. Then at 3:30 I want to take the kids to the gym for some Halloween games: bouncy houses and stuff. Quick get home to make dinner before the trick-or-treaters get here. So what am I doing blogging?????

No comments: