Thursday, October 27, 2011

misery

I sort of feel like a huge whiner lately. I've been sick over a week and in pain since Monday's workout, when will it end?????

I had legs day on Monday. For some strange reason, doing seated and standing calf raises, SHREDDED my calf muscles and I LITERALLY can not walk. Ok, sure, I can walk, but I have to be hunched over with my knees together and I look like a freak. Or, I can tip toe. Those are my only two options. I can not stand straight up, the stretch just kills my calves. I would have thought it would be gone by today.

My family was very concerned at first, now they just laugh at me. I actually contemplated peeing my bed last night because the thought of getting up and walking to the toilet scared me. I thought I was going to have to crawl to the bathroom.

And of course today was legs day again. So I hobbled into the gym.....very.....slowly. Trying to mask the fact that I was in an enormous amount of pain. The more walking I do, the better it feels anyway. My husband told me I was crazy. "you aren't going to the gym, are you??" he asked this morning as I was getting my clothes on. "You're sick and crippled." Well, I did go, I just didn't do any calf exercises. They just assisted on things like seated ham curl.

I am going to go soak in my whirlpool tub with some Epsom salt and pray that I will feel normal tomorrow. I've got shoulders and abs tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

if you cant whine on your own blog when can you ? hahaha At least you know you're building muscle when you are so sore. this is good pain !!!