Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 3 - loving my life

Still going strong! NO cravings. NO slip ups. I'm in it to win it! Let the transformation begin!

Remember yesterday when I was talking about how I like to sweat and I don't sweat as much lifting weight as I do running, or sprinting intervals or hill climbs and stuff like that. Well, today was legs day. Oh mama! I got my sweat on alright! The past two days doing arms I don't think I broke much of a sweat. But today I felt like I worked out.

I have that song in my head, "♫ I'm sexy and I know it ♫ ...I work out" haha...LMFAO is quite the appropriate name for that group.

Sorry for that little distraction. Moving on...

So, yeah, I did legs and calves today. I'm pretty sure my bottom half of my body will be sore tomorrow. The past 2 days I've hardly been able to get dressed without crying (sore arms) and so adding in sore legs to the mix doesn't really excite me all that much. But, what are you gonna do? I do everything I can to stave off soreness, but when you're muscles get shocked, they get sore.

I have to say, it surprises me a little bit that they would put two arm days together back to back like that. Mainly because I was still so sore from the previous day's workout that I don't think I was able to perform the day 2 exercises as well as I would have if I had a fresh set of arms. Especially since I had to sub some of the exercises because I don't belong to a gym. For instance, I don't have access to equipment for lat pull downs and cable exercises, so I had to do the alternative ..... wide grip pull ups and chin ups. Ouch!

Since it's been a LOOONG time since I've done pull ups and taking soreness into consideration, I could scarcely do 2 at a time for chin ups and I had to do negatives for wide grip pull ups. Yikes!

But I told myself I was not going to over analyze or question this program. It works. All I need to do is what I'm told.

I felt so energized last night and I just didn't know what to do with myself. So at 8:30 I went downstairs to dance it off. I LOVE doing that! No lights on but the disco ball and my new little hand held thingy that the mom of one of my daughter's friends got me (funny story), and the music pumpin'...it's amazing! I can dance away an hour and barely know it. And I did!

This way of life is the absolute bomb! I have to really remember how I feel right now. Document it and come back to it if I ever hit a slump again. I know it's not just coincidence that I feel this amazing. I know it's because my body is nourished and happy and it truly makes a difference.

Like I said before, going STRONG with no end in sight!! Thanksgiving? Pumpkin pie? Christmas? Cookies? BRING IT ON! I got this!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

yay good for you!! school hols go back on monday so im not going to bother til then - sounds slack doesnt it? but hubby goes away for 8 days so no gym for me so i'll have to do workouts from home which mean no cardio - only dumbbells and swiss ball and ankle weights. where there is a will there is a way? rock on charlotte. hey - did you take stats before you started jamie eason?