Sunday, October 23, 2011

sick me

I've been battling a sore throat since Wednesday. I should never brag about how I rarely get sick despite being around sick people because it's an invitation for God to smite me with the 'your-still-human' crud.

I was still training the first couple of days but I thought that maybe I should just lay low until I feel better. I know my body is busy trying to make me well again so it doesn't have time for weight lifting nonsense. This one is a bugger too. It started as a sore throat (that was previously Eden's sore throat), then I lost my voice, now I'm coughing up mucus and feeling really tired and worn out in general. I hate being sick. I mean I REALLY hate it. Not only because I feel horrible but because it keeps me from doing the things I want to do. I try to do my normal activities but eventually I just have to surrender to the crud.

Yesterday I was making more turkey meatballs for the week and more protein bars because I was totally out. I even made brownies for my family. The really naughty ones with a whole cup of butter and three cups of sugar! Eventually I realized that was just too ambitious and ended up spending the remainder of the day on the couch. Ugh. Oh well, I got to watch like 20 episodes of chopped. This morning, I was up early (again) so I made cinnamon rolls. It figures that on a long weekend when I have an opportunity to sleep in I am sick and can't sleep past 6am.

I'm crossing my fingers that by tomorrow I will be feeling up to par. And even if I'm not, I'm going to the gym anyway! It's legs day! Today, I am meeting a trainer for the "orientation" to the machines. I have lots of questions! Hopefully I won't make myself look like a boob.

No comments: