Sunday, February 19, 2012

cloud 9

Last night my husband and I got away. We took a mini vacation. The older kids were out of town, our baby was spending the night at Gram's and we took the opportunity to be together in a completely stress free environment. We spent the night at a lovely hotel, right here in town. It was our sweet escape.

We went to the art museum. We were going to go see a movie but we went back to the hotel and watched tv instead LOL. Actually, Andreas took a little snooze while I watched tv. We walked to a great little restaurant downtown and had a delicious meal. I had coq au vin and it was FAB! I figured it would be a better choice than my regular gorgonzola pasta. Then back to the hotel for more tv. And finally, to the hotel bar for a night cap. It was a fabulous day/night.

Yesterday morning, I did my workout at home because I get intimidated by being at the gym on Saturdays just because it's way busier than I'm used to. And I was able to do everything I needed at home. I did my squats at home, not using a smith machine, which is something I haven't done in many months! In fact, I don't remember the last time! So I figured I would need Andreas to spot me. Well, his back wasn't feeling all that great so I flew solo. That's alright, I thought, I'll just go lighter.

It turns out, I didn't need to go much lighter at all! Before I joined the gym, I would have never been able to squat over 80lbs without Andreas spotting me. And I did 90lbs like it was nothing! It was a pivotal moment because I was able to realize the strength I've gained! It felt great!

I had to run into the bathroom at one point during the workout to wipe my dripping nose and I got a look at my arms and they just looked jacked! So I ran up to get my phone and snapped a few pictures.


I look like total hell but I don't care. You're not supposed to look cute after working out, right?

I have also noticed some changes happening in the last month or so to my butt and legs. I'm liking where this is going! We had a really great mirror in our hotel room so I decided to take advantage of it for the purpose of progress pictures.


It's a bit difficult to see but I've got some new lines going on and I like them! The artistic photographer in me also liked how the flash turned out (which typically would have annoyed me). Like my argyle socks? haha...

What's funny is how sore I am today! I mean, it's the same workout I've been doing for a month or so but I'm sore. I guess I should start ditching the smith machine for squats because I think I work harder, go lower, use more muscle for stability....whatever the case, it did me good!

Tonight, my husband is cooking us a gourmet meal and it smells SO GOOD!
Tomorrow, sushi with my mom and sisters! Excited!
I'm feeling really spoiled lately.

No comments: