Thursday, February 2, 2012

motivation

Mom and I went to the gym after dinner last night because we both had morning appointments. The receptionist even said, "Well, you two are here at an odd hour." Yeah, we always go in the morning. She said it's a lot busier than we are used to - just fyi. The old me would have freaked out about it. Crowded gym + girl with severe anxiety + self-consciousness = NOT GOOD. But I was cool. It didn't bother me. Let me say that again, it didn't bother me! (yay)

Anyway, on with my story....

We were there, we worked out, blah blah blah. Yes it was a tad busier. More weight lifting men around than usual (intimidating). On our way out, this person whom I've never seen before comes up to me and says, "I was going to ask you, are you training for something in particular? Some sport or competition?"

I said, "Nope. Just for fun." Which, isn't entirely the truth. I mean, I DO have a purpose for training like I do, but it's not like I'm going to tell him I'm trying to lose jiggle.

And he shook his head surprised and said, "Wow, cuz you work HARD."

I think I was beaming. I said thanks and he walked away. I looked at my mom and said, "That's the second time some random person has come up to me and asked me that same thing!"

It was a great GREAT feeling!

I'm not just another girl on the treadmill. I'm out there busting my ass with the big boys, and I'm proud of it!

And now I will leave you with some MOTIVATION!







Strong, stunning and SEXY!

One day, I will have earned the right to have my picture in the line up...


No comments: