Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I loves me a good quote

And there are so many of them out there. Very motivating and inspiring.

I, for the most part, am a very active person. I try to eat as healthy as possible but still have the occasional hankerings for the BAD stuff like chocolate, french fries and pizza.

After watching a documentary called "Forks Over Knives" (thanks to the advice of my niece, Amanda) it almost makes me want to be vegan! Almost. Basically the movie is about this, if you eat a plant based whole foods diet, you can be the healthiest you've EVER been. Stay free from diseases and even reverse damage from diseases. But you can't eat meat. Or dairy. No red meat, no fish, no eggs, no milk. NO FUN!


I love to be healthy and stay fit but honestly, even if I tried, I'm not sure I could handle becoming vegan. I care about my health, I do, but this is pretty extreme.

I think it would be an interesting thing to try for a few months. Just to monitor the way I feel each day, what I'm eating and make a judgement for myself based on my own results. I already feel fantastic, but could I be feeling even better??

Since I'm trying to build muscle, what would my gains be like without animal protein or whey and casein? I'm sure there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan bodybuilders out there. I should try and find some, see how they do it.

Anyway, I was also going to say that the movie had tons of great quotes. I will leave you with a few of my faves:

"Obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure cost this country over 120 billion dollars."
- Michelle Obama

“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” -Thomas Edison

“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” – Hippocrates

“He that takes medicine and neglects diet wastes the skills of the physician.” – Chinese proverb

“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley

No comments: