Thursday, February 23, 2012

A couple things...

I bought "The Fat Burning Kitchen" by one of my favorite health and fitness authors, Mike Geary, and Catherine Ebeling. I can't wait to dig into that book! It will be very useful in the upcoming months as I'm sliding into home ;)  Even though I really pride myself on knowing proper nutrition already, and how to use the kitchen just as much as the gym to get a lean sexy body, it's still important to always keep reading and learning and discovering new and helpful ideas.

Another ego boosting moment for me at the gym yesterday....

My mom is somewhat of a social butterfly. Even though she claims she is somewhat shy, she is able to talk to pretty much anyone about anything. Trust me. I know what shy is, and shy she is not! One of the funny things about her is that I will do something stupid (like crumble under smith machine, see story here) and beg her not to mention it to her trainer....

me -"you swear you won't tell her? you swear? swear it!!"
mom - "oh, of course I won't say anything" [insert evil grin]

yet, the next time she has a session, I bet you $100 that's one of the first things she says to her. I bet you!

Anyway, back to her being a social butterfly and always talking to people. Perhaps telling people more than she should. I used to tease her that if someone she didn't know got into an elevator with her, they'd know her life story by the 3rd floor! So she met this woman at the gym yesterday and as I walked by to get a drink of water, mom grabs me and says, "I want you to meet "Jane" (we'll keep real names out)". So I said hi, or whatever I could get out because I was panting like a dog. And she says, "Oh, I see you here every day. I thought you were a trainer." [k, my head just grew]

Later on, my mom meets yet another woman. They start talking, whatever. And this woman is asking about some exercise and my mom didn't have any idea, "But", she says, "You can ask her (pointing to me) I bet she would know", and the lady replies, "Oh no! She's far too advanced!" [head....growing]

Really, I just am in awe at comments like these. I feel......proud, I guess. This is ultimately what I wanted, for people to notice what I've spent literally years working on. Because the people I see everyday (my family), they don't care about my fitness or how I look in a bikini. They don't understand my goals. Therefore, it never seems like I get positive feedback from them, and they are supposed to be my biggest support system!

I think if I were someone else reading this, I might think, "geez, brag much?" but I'm sorry, I have to. I've spent sooooo long picking myself apart and not feeling good enough and feeling like a failure, that I need this. I really do. I can hold my head up high, feeling confident in myself, finally! It's nice.

When you work hard for something, it doesn't go unnoticed!

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. We went to church, got the ash cross on our foreheads, and swore off chocolate for the next 40 days. (well, at least I did) Yep, gave it up for lent. Great, girl scouts have some really good timing, don't they? Seriously, there are boxes upon boxes of cookies in our possesion right now, as I have a wee girl scout on the selling warpath. (p.s. if you are a local reader and want some.....you know who to call *wink*)

Happy Thursday!!

No comments: