Wednesday, February 15, 2012

my first gym injury...lol

This is what happens when the hooks don't attach on the squat rack....except you think they have so you shift the weight off your shoulders......


....and you crumple to the ground under the weight like a pop can....or an accordion.

Actually, for landing on my knees underneath 105lbs of weight, it doesn't look bad at ALL! I'm more worried about what my back is going to feel like tomorrow.

Luckily the gym was totally dead today. I was the only one lifting. There were a few older men walking the track but that was it. So I bruised my legs but saved my ego....hehe.

I was already on my 4th set, only one more set to go, so I just kept on going as if nothing happened.

Then, when I got into the car, the song "I had a bad day..." was playing. Uh oh...
Is this how my day is going to go??

Hahaha....

Ok, so it's tomorrow (I typed this yesterday) and I'm definitely moving a little slower. My back is hurting, as are my knees, but they don't look any worse. I just have cardio and a little extra shoulder work scheduled for today. I could probably handle a 30 minute run.

No comments: