Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm so excited

I got my interval timer in the mail today! Yay!


There were different colors to choose from, I chose HOT pink, what else?

It's the niftiest little device and I'll tell you why.
It's got a clip so I can attach it to my sports bra or my pants.
I can time my intervals without having to look at the clock (which is a pain in the ass).

Why is it a pain in the ass? Two reasons:
1) I'm not always in an area with a clock
2) when you are in the middle of serious plyo moves, you don't want to have to look at the clock every 5 seconds when you think you are nearing the end of the 30 second interval (or 20 seconds, or 1 minute, or however long your intervals may be)

But with this little darling, I set the interval time I want, and it will beep when it's time to change up. This is perfect for when I am doing a plyometric circuit. If I'm to perform around 10 or so plyo moves, one right after another, it can be bothersome to keep track of the clock. It's too much thinking. I want to put ALL my focus into what I am doing.

Now I just have to listen for the beep!

But what if I have my iPod playing and I can't hear the beep?
Never fear! It has a vibration setting too!

I scored big with this little gem! Can't wait to try it out!

No comments: