Saturday, February 4, 2012

yesterday



I had an AMAZING workout yesterday. Got a good pump in my arms.

I was doing supersets:
 clean & presses with 65lbs
immediately followed by:
pull ups (supinated)
Did 4 sets of 5 reps
That's 20 pull ups, y'all!

I also did:
back squat with 105lbs
immediately followed by:
renegade db rows with 20lb dumbbells
Did 4 sets of 5 reps on squats
Did 3 sets of 8 (each arm) on renegade rows

Then I did 2 sets of two-arm kettlebell swings, using a 30lb kettlebell.
Each set was 25 reps.
Whoo...that'll get your heart pumping!

I also added lying ham curls:
55lbs x 8 reps - 2 sets
Then on the 3rd set I did 6 reps with S-L-O-W negatives.

Followed it up with the glute/ham raise machine thingy.
2 sets of 10, sweat dripping.
I worked the first set at a wider setting and focused on the raise/hold.
I worked the last set with a smaller setting (feet closer to butt) and focused on slow forwards.
I don't really know how to explain this any other way.
The last set was very difficult. I didn't have much strength left in my hammies.

I ended the workout as I always do, with hill sprints.
This time, I went easy on myself and only put it on a 2% incline. At the gym I'm usually at a 5% incline. At home I bring the sucker all the way up. My treadmill isn't exactly top of the line, and so it doesn't tell me what incline I am at, so I just raise it as high as it'll go. That is my only beef with my treadmill. Otherwise, it's served me well for the last 5 years.

Question:


Does anyone else find it difficult NOT to eat Nutella by the spoonfuls when there is a jar in the house?
Or is it just me?
No, I know it isn't just me.
And this time I can't blame it on PMS or being extremely hungry or anything like that. It's just a - gotta have it cuz its so freakin' good - thing.
See, I'm a good mother. My 5 year old was sick and all she wanted in the world was Nutella, so I said, ok, I'll get you a small jar. Of course all the store had was the gigantic jar. But it won't last long in this house. And every time we finish a jar, I declare, "THAT'S IT! NO MORE NUTELLA...for at least a year!" But it never works.

Oh, one more thing:
Now I know why there are so many women taking Zumba at the gym. You should have seen this guy walk out of class.....wearing the jingly little skirt thingy. Um....yeah. He was FIT. I will stop there.



1 comment:

Amanda said...

lookin' pretty buff there girl !!!