Thursday, February 9, 2012

Like pop?

Haha...when I first typed that title, I accidentally typed "poop" instead of pop. I almost left it. Because it was funny. And that's what I think of pop anyway.

Why? Because according to the University of Rochester Medical Center, drinking any type of soda every day may increase your chance of developing metabolic syndrome, which can lead to heart disease.

Sadly, I know a LOT of people that are pretty much addicted to pop. Whether its regular or diet, it's all the same. Crap. Diet is even worse than regular because A) it's sweetened with JUNK like saccharin, aspartame or sucralose and B) consuming a lot of artificial sweeteners can actually make you gain weight because it increases your desire for sweet foods and leads you to consume more calories overall.

So glad I'm not addicted to that nast!

Anyway, I happened upon something called Zevia. And it's pop in all the popular flavors (cola, lemon-lime, root beer, dr. pepper, orange, etc) and it's sweetened with Stevia. So I bought a couple kinds, just to see if my family would like it. They drank it. They liked it. Zero sugar, zero aspertame. Zero calories. ALL NATURAL.


I even tasted it. But since I don't like pop in general, I didn't like this either.

My kids were STOKED because I rarely let them have pop. Pretty much only on holidays or special occassions of some type.

It's spendy though. I think a 6 pack was like $5.99. But, how can you put a price on your health, right?










No comments: