Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm gaining!!!! I'm gaining!!!!!!



Click on the link above to see useful information about cardio.
You get the video on her blog page also, but she shares helpful tips on
how to burn fat efficiently with HIIT cardio.
Our bodies get used to steady state cardio, which is why I'm not one to use it a lot.
We are great at adapting and so we need to constantly challenge ourselves
if we want to see improvement in our bodies.

I've been keeping track of her videos on her blog for a while now. It's been fun following her through the whole process of getting ready for a photo shoot. I've taken away a ton of useful information from her. I've Incorporated some of it into my routine, but for the most part, I'm still using my full body workouts 3 days per week as per Mike Geary's book - The Truth About 6 Pack Abs

and guess what??

Nothing, and I mean nothing, that I've used before has created change in my body like his routines. I am up to 118lbs!!! I can hardly believe it myself. That means, I've gained something like 7lbs in the past two months or so. I don't recall exact numbers or dates at the moment, but it's an approximation.

How do I know that I have not just gained fat? - good question

Because I still fit into my clothes. In fact, I fit into them better. Muscle is dense and compact, 5lbs of fat looks a lot different than 5 pounds of muscle. Fat takes up more space.

I....AM....STOKED!!

One thing that sucks right now is that I have a cold....again. Seriously, 3rd cold in 4 months. Not even cool. It's so rare that I get sick so this is quite weird. This winter has been hard on Emma and I. I think we just keep reinfecting each other. Oh well, it's not going to stop me! I'm still going to the gym today!



No comments: