Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Protein Powder

I usually just get my protein powder from GNC. Their brand of 100% whey protein (chocolate is my favorite) is the only kind I've ever used. I have a Gold Card so every first week of the month, I go and stock up on my supplements and whey protein to save money. But after reading various blogs, I have come to find out that not all whey protein is created equal.

I was going to start ordering my protein powder from Prograde. I already get a few items auto shipped to me from them so I thought, why not. But, then I heard about Only Protein. I went to the sight to check it out. In terms of price it was actually even a little cheaper than Prograde. The protein grams in one serving is slightly smaller than what I'm using now (18g vs. 20g), but the calorie content is also lower. And the really cool thing is there are no fillers.

It's organic, hormone-free, pollution-free whey from New Zealand grass fed cows.  It has 3 types of protein so muscles get an immediate feed, a medium feed and up to a six to seven hour feed. There are no artificial sweeteners, they use cellulose free fiber, quick digesting enzymes and inulin, which is a pre-biotic.

click to go there now - Only Protein

However, Prograde's protein powder is also hormone-free, gluten-free, no artificial sweeteners, only 2 carbs and 24g protein (although that is in 2 scoops which will make the container empty quicker, which means you spend more). However, I don't know how big the containers are in comparison to the Only Protein containers. It probably wouldn't take much to find out, but I'm too lazy.

click to go there now - Prograde Nutrition

I've been using protein powder to supplement my healthy lifestyle for a number of years now, but I'm fairly inexperienced in the different brands out there. I'd be interested in hearing what you use and why you like it. Feel free to comment!

Oh, by the way, I had to share this with you because I found it to be INCREDIBLE. I have discovered a way to eat chocolate ice cream guilt free. Yay! My summer won't be ruined! Here's how: in a bowl, mix a scoop of protein powder with unsweetened almond milk (pour slowly, you don't want much) until it's about the consistency of a runny pudding. Put in freezer for a bit. And BAM!

Here's a tip though, I've only tried this with vanilla whey powder and I really dislike the vanilla flavor. So I add 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder & a bit of xylitol before I pour in the almond milk. It comes out the perfect consistency of ice cream with a rich chocolate flavor that I would compare to chocolate frosting. I can't wait to try it with chocolate whey!!

1 comment:

Xtreme Nutrition said...

Protein powder is another nice way of take natural supplements it’s also helps to maintain body hormones and hemoglobin ratio. Thanks for sharing your experience.