Friday, March 9, 2012

Picture time again

I wanted to post some pictures again. It seems like it's been awhile. And since I've gained some weight (yay!) I wanted to see:

#1) if I could visibly tell that I have gained
          and
 #2) where I have gained it.

I know that my booty is bigger. Some people might think that's a bad thing, but in my case, I am actually trying to build my butt, so I'm very happy about it. The ONLY places I would be unhappy about becoming bigger are in the abdominal region and in the thighs. So far, no growth there (phew!) so that means no fat gain there either. Eventually I wouldn't mind working on growing my quads, making them more muscular, but right now that is very low on the priority list. And I don't especially like training quads specifically.

First, an area that I don't photograph much. Because I don't really know how to flex my back muscles in the first place. And it's hard trying to flex, while holding a phone and getting a picture of yourself in the mirror behind you. I have a nice camera and a tripod, why don't I use it? Laziness I guess.




Next, my biceps, which aren't very big. I'd like to build them up a tad more but I don't focus on bicep specific exercises. I use compound movements that hit many muscle groups at once, including biceps. Again, not my main area of focus at the moment. And also, what the heck is up with my hand?




Triceps are next, of course you can't see them very well with my 'self portrait on a phone' skills. I used to do a lot of dips. Haven't for a while.


Oops, found another bicep pic.


Ab region. Always looking the same. The thing that makes me most proud about it is that these pictures are taken after not being extremely gung-ho with my diet. I'm eating carbs at night (for shame!), I'm eating a few girl scout cookies here and there, some wine, etc. So the fact that I can still see definition is astonishing. Imagine what they will look like after 12 weeks of clean eating!


The next picture is one I can use as a "before" picture because I want to see that oblique line pop out more. It's there, I can see it, just not really easy to tell in a photograph. But as I lean out, it will be more noticeable.


And lastly, my tiny quads.


It's sort of cool being able to see them through my pants. Even thought they aren't very big and I have to flex. I notice them most when I'm at the gym (because there are wall to wall mirrors). As I'm doing curtsy lunges especially, I can see multiple lines through my workout pants. It's way cool to be able to see what you have worked so hard for. Even though I don't work them specifically (with leg extensions for instance) they still get worked through those compounds moves like squats and lunges.

I tried to take pictures of my hamstrings but I just couldn't get them to show in that light. I could barely see them through my pants as I flexed them, but those little buggers are trying to come in! I've been working them heavy. Yesterday I just blasted them. I added some single leg seated leg curls, and then double leg curls after my usual punishing of deadlifts, walking lunges, lying ham curl and glute/ham raise machine. Today, I feel them!

And that's all folks! I will take my official "before" pictures on Sunday, which is the start of my 12 week timeline. And in case you aren't up to speed, I am starting my "lean out" phase. Going to get my bodyfat percentage down as low as I can. Then, I'm going to see all that beautiful muscle that I've gained!

No comments: