Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yesterdays numbers

Here's how my nutrient ratios ended up yesterday:

Carbs: 37.7%
Protein: 35.3%
Fat: 26.99%

I am finding that it's very difficult for me to keep the fat percentage down. This is surprising. But I prefer whole eggs over egg whites, for instance. Butter or olive oil on everything. These things add up quickly! I was shooting for around 50/30/20 so really I was pretty close considering I'm a newbie at trying to manage macronutrients. (I'm eating egg whites this morning to see if that helps)

I still can't help but feel that the carbs are too high, but I'm trying to just relax and trust that this will work. I don't know for a fact that I'm carb sensitive so I might be able to pull it off with these ratios. At least in the beginning.

Calories: 1331 - I still had almost 200 calories I could have consumed! Big deficit yesterday (700)! Which is a good thing because I didn't workout. (I know, I know)

Water: over 72oz - I really made a conscious effort to drink a lot (and track it)

I'm living in the now, meaning I'm trying not to look at the entire 12 weeks as a whole, but rather day to day. If I catch myself thinking ahead, I will end up thinking things like, "How am I going to be able to maintain this meticulous tracking?" or "How am I going to handle eating like this" or "What if these macros don't work for me? I'm on a time limit here!" ....and those are self-sabotaging thoughts.

I was a little disappointed in myself for not getting to the gym yesterday, but I didn't cry over it. It's only one day. Mom called me in the morning saying she didn't feel up to going. I totally had planned on going myself, it just didn't happen. Hopefully the sun shining gloriously through her window this morning will inspire her to hop out of bed and get moving.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

awesome job charlotte!! you are looking amazing! could you post what and how much you are eating per meal? what are you eating to get so much protein for only 1300 cals? what kind of workouts are you doing now? how did you workout your maintenance cals? so many questions sorry but i'm really interested in what you're doing coz its working!!!
ps: i'm always a carbaphobic too when i'm trying to lean down !!