Tuesday, March 6, 2012

sick as a dog

Went to the gym yesterday and worked as hard as I could with this illness I have. I did the whole routine, just cut the sets short. Stayed on track with weight load though. Ugh. I just can't believe that I'm sick again. I'm starting to worry that maybe there is something else going wrong inside my body that I can't seem to fend off these colds.

I'm a bit of a worrier so here is what is going on in my mind:

"My lower back has been unusually sore for many weeks now. I thought it was because of the heavy deadlifts. Now I'm thinking, maybe that big mole on my back is cancer and that's why I'm getting sick all the time!"

Yeah, see how ridiculous I can be sometimes? Of course, I don't really think I have cancer, but I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind. Because for someone who is pretty much fit as a fiddle, and eats her veggies, it doesn't seem very fair that I've gotten sick 3 times so far this winter.

It started with just a crappy feeling Saturday, sore throat, etc. Nothing that stopped me from going out though! Sunday was worse. Monday, thought I was feeling ok to workout,  (because exercising can actually help you feel better when you are sick) and went to the gym. Felt great until about 3pm and it all went downhill from there. I had chills and just felt like poop. So I ordered pizza for dinner cuz I couldn't cook. I even ate some pizza. I didn't care, I was sick. Went up to bed. Laid down for a little while until the kids came up to bathe and woke me up. Then I puked up the pizza. After that, my throat felt worse, like razor blades. Ugh. Sleeping was ok until early morning when it felt like my throat was closing up. Now I've started coughing. It's mind boggling.

Nevertheless, I will try to carry on as best as I can. Next week, starting on the 11th, I will have 3 months left until goal. I've got my plan in place, just waiting for the starting gun. Training for muscle gain has been going so well, it's going to take more than a cold (or 3) to stop me from reaching my goal!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

sorry to hear you are sick - it really messes with your head, doesn't it? !!!!!! my doctor told me to rest or slow down if i keep getting sick - its the body's way of telling you that you're doing too much! hah!
i take echinacea in the winter when i feel a cold coming on. Blackmore's have echy tablets with vitamins A, C, and E in it and a naturpath told me to take 6 a day for about a week. Works for me - can't remember the last time I had a cold. you should research it!!
I hope you feel better soon so you don't "drop the ball" with your training. if you're anything like me its hard to get going again when something derails you.
sending you healthy hugs! xxx