Tuesday, July 10, 2012

clean eating

Yay, I have an internet connection! I better type a post quick before it craps out again. (we need a new router)

This is day two of my clean eating 'diet'. It's not really a diet, I hate calling it that. Because I don't want it to be a short term thing, I want it to be my lifestyle. Anyway, it's going extremely well! My mom is enjoying it too. Either that or she just likes having someone cook every meal for her. She is with me for a few days while my husband is out of town. There have only been a few fleeting moments when I wished I could eat a slice of bread or something sweet but they didn't last long. The meals so far have been fantastic! I discovered a new salad dressing that is incredibly good. I get so bored eating salad mainly because I can't find a healthy dressing that I like. My favorites are Ranch and Blue Cheese but I never use them because I know they are bad. So I usually just use oil and vinegar but that gets so old.

This new one is basically just a bunch of yummy ingredients blended together: mustard, red wine vinegar, green onion, tomato, honey and olive oil. Amazing how tasty this is! It's a weird bright orange color that sort of scared my kids, but they ended up loving it when they tried it.

I told you my internet would go out soon.....yeah, no connection. Who knows when I'll post this! I'll keep typing. I know the new router is in the mail, hope it arrives soon.

I've set a new goal for myself. It's another 12 week timeline BUT the difference this time is that I'm not shooting for a specific measurement or weight. Because I don't know what a realistic loss for me would be. My goal is simply to follow the clean eating plan I've got in place. No straying from it! I get 2 treat meals a week the first month, 1 treat meal a week during the second month and only 1 treat meal during the entire last month. This is where body fat percentage will really take a dive. I can do it!

In the few days leading up to the start of this timeline, I was nervous. I had gotten used to eating whatever I wanted and I was scared how hard it would be to go back to clean eating. So far it hasn't been bad at all! I've kept satiated with healthful fibrous fruit and veggies and lean proteins. There has definitely been a LOT of planning ahead though. I know every single meal I'm eating for the next week (that's 7 days x 5 meals for a total of  35 meals to plan for) so I could shop for everything at once. The key is to never be unsure of what my next meal is going to be. The snack meals are pretty repetative for the most part, but that doesn't bother me. After 3 months I might be sick of plain yogurt and almonds though!

What goal are you working toward these days?

No comments: