Sunday, July 15, 2012

successful week!


Well, I have had one successful week of clean eating under my belt. So has Hanna. Yay for us! We have been eating WAY more fruit and veggies than either of us are used to. And we have not felt deprived at all. I am loving it! No, really, I am!

I say this because yesterday was a scheduled cheat meal for us. And afterwards I felt SO HORRIBLE. I was in the bathroom a lot yesterday evening. Sorry for that detail, but it's the truth. My body was already used to eating healthy, that the moment I indulged in something unhealthy, it revolted. Again and again. This is a big reason why I like to eat good nutritious food. My gut just doesn't tolerate a crappy diet well anymore.

We were both saying, "I'm so ready to get back to 'normal' eating". We have another scheduled cheat for today but I'm not really looking forward to it like I was yesterday. Our cheat, we decided, was going to be tater tot hotdish. Hanna chose it. Yesterday, I grilled filet mignon (it was DELICIOUS! Expensive, but delicious), mashed garlic potatoes and corn on the cob. Followed by a lovely lemon dessert made by my husband. And before our meal, we had red wine, Brie and rosemary crackers. That was my pick. It was a good meal, but I was so full and miserable. It was just way too much food. That is why tonight, I'm just sticking with the hotdish.

I think in the future, I am not going to make cheats such a big deal. I'm just going to make a dinner that I love and would not normally make while eating clean and healthy. That way, I won't feel so terrible afterwards.

We've completed our scheduled workouts for the week and I'm looking forward to the new week that lies ahead. After just a few days of eating clean, I felt so much better. My stomach was flatter, I didn't feel bloated, and I just felt that all over good feeling that I've been missing. Why I would ever want to stray into nasty junk food territory again is beyond me. You just can't beat this feeling!

Cheers to a successful week!!

No comments: