Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A little run

The girls and I went out for a run/walk last night. Hanna came with this time. We went shopping and bought her some new running shoes, some workout clothes, and an arm band for her phone. She has Run Keeper on her phone so we are able to track her progress. She has set a goal for 10lbs in 2 months.
She's not a runner and admits to hating it. She would rather do almost anything else. But the thing with her is, it's the only thing that is going to guarantee to get her working hard enough. I can tell it's really hard for her. We only went about 1.5 miles and probably walked half of it. She's very out of shape. But I promised her the more she did it, the easier it would get. I don't think she believed me. I said, if she ran every night M-F, it wouldn't take long to build her fitness level. And for her with a lot of fat to lose, this is the best option right now.

I was very inspired by my girls and their willingness to run. Of course after that quick little workout, I wasn't satisfied and craved more. And it was a beautiful night. So when we got back home, I took her phone (using Run Keeper) and went for a run on my own. Here are my stats from that run:

3.20 miles, avg mph 6.21, time 30.56, cal 355 (calories are wrong because it is generalized)

Kind of a neat app. I think will also work with my heart rate monitor, which is pretty exciting. Although I know that Hanna is not a fan of wearing them. But it's really cool, especially for a free app.

I got home, guzzled water and ate. I was so hungry. Then I got a headache and I still have one this morning. Not sure if there is a relation.

We also did our weight training workout in the morning. Here's what that consisted of:

Super Set (no rest between exercises)
1) Medicine ball ( 10lbs) jump squats - 12
2) Front squats 30lbs - 12
3) Back squats 30lbs - 12

Static lunges bw - 12

Super Set
1) Sumo squats 30lbs - 10
2) Split squat bw - 10/10

Super Set
1) Side lying leg raises 12/12/12 each leg
2) Bench single leg hip raises 12/12

Super Set
1) BB bent over row 40lbs - 12
2) DB lat raise 8lb dbs - 12
3) Single DB front raise 12lbs - 20
4) Tricep skull crusher 12lbs - 12

Super Set
1) Crunch (feet up, arms out in front) 12
2) Cross over crunch (feet up, one leg crossed over, arms out front) 12/12
3) Jeri Curl (plank position, knee to opposite elbow) 12

Repeat circuit two or three times

I'm keeping the weight pretty low here so I've got a lot of room to grow.

Hanna's workout looked very similar, just a few differences. She did her jump squats and regular squats just using bodyweight. She was excited about the lat raises because she wants to build her arms. Yeah!

Diet yesterday:
#1) 2 eggs, 1/2 Ezekiel sprouted grain multi-grain English Muffin with all fruit jelly
#2) Greek non fat plain yogurt mixed with cinnamon, truvia, blueberries and crushed almonds (yum!)
#3) PW protein powder mixed with unsweetened almond/coconut milk, 100% pure organic maple syrup
#4) Chicken in a multi-grain pita pocket with spinach
#5) handful of raw almonds and a low fat cheese stick
#6) Chicken with a green salad and asparagus, french bread (a bit of a no-no but I knew I'd be running so I felt ok about it)
#7) post run - 2 eggs and multi-grain pita

BCAAs 4x/day
Glutamine pre and post workout
On my last day creatine loading (4x/day)
And the regular supps morning/noon/evening

No comments: