Thursday, July 26, 2012

workout/diet

Workout stats for today:

Total time: 1 hour 29 seconds
Total calories burned: 408

Weight training workout: 48 minutes, 320 calories
Uphill walk: 12 minutes, 88 calories

Fat burn: 28:53
Fitness: 31:36

That is a great ratio for me I think. Almost equal time spent on improving fitness and fat loss. Usually, my heart rate is elevated to where it's all spent on improving fitness levels and very little time spent in the fat burning zone. Typically only minutes out of my total workout. But that has always been how I train, everything is "balls to the wall", as my sister would put it ;)

I wanted to post my last two runs as well (yeah, I run once in a while).

I didn't wear my heart rate monitor for these:

45 minutes, 4.5 miles, (755 calories: according to treadmill) real calories burned around 330 as per online calculator. I burned close to the same amount weight training for the same length of time, as you can see from above.

1 hour, 5.6 miles (935 calories: according to treadmill) real calories burned around 410 as per online calculator. Which makes me wonder who is burning 800-1000 calories per hour. One must have to weight a lot more than I do to be burning that amount of calories. Because I would have to run 9 mph for an hour to burn 736 calories according to runtheplanet.com. Ouch!

I would post every day but sometimes I get sick of wearing my heart rate monitor. I get so sweaty and move around so much that it tends to slide down. Plus, it's on the smallest setting and still doesn't feel tight. But I'm going to try to be more faithful with it.

Diet today:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, toast and natural peanut butter, supps
Pre Workout: creatine, L-Glutamine, BCAAs ixed into water with MioENERGY liquid water enhancer in Green Thunder flavor, and a couple of figs
Post Workout: creatine, L-Glutamine, BCAAs mixed into water with whey protein powder, supps
Lunch: multi-grain pita pocket stuffed with chicken and onions, and a bundle of asparagus on the side
Snack: Greek plain non-fat yogurt with berries, and nuts, creatine, and BCAAs
Dinner: Spaghetti squash and home made sauce with extra lean ground beef, supps
Pre-bed: Casein protein shake with creatine and BCAAs

I'm loading creatine because it's been a while since I've taken it. So 4 times per day for a week. After that I will be down to just pre-workout.

No comments: