Friday, July 6, 2012

a milestone


First, I wanted to share a photo of the cheesecake from the recipe I posted yesterday.
See? Doesn't it look delicious?!
Yeah, it is.


Today is a milestone for me. 2 weeks without any scheduled workout. That's right, I've gone 2 whole weeks without working out. It's been YEARS since I've gone that long. But I took my mother's advice and promised that I would try it. I had a short but emotional talk with my husband about it. He asked if it was planned or unplanned and I said, "sort of both". I didn't tell him about my breakdown in the car. But I did tell him that I'm sick of working so hard for what seems to me like ZERO results (at least none that I'm hoping for).

A typical exercise milestone for most people might be to exercise for 2 weeks straight, mine is NOT to. It has actually been quite enjoyable. I've tried not to worry about it, although that part has been difficult. I still look at my body in the mirror daily and SWEAR I am already getting fatter...lol. I still think about working out constantly and hope that I'm not losing too much muscle during this whole experiment. But muscles have good memory and it won't take long to get back up to speed. I'm not too concerned about it, because I don't HAVE to be. I'm not gearing up for anything, just the same old....trying to stay fit, healthy and look my best. 

The funny thing is, while my belly is rounder and I feel "more plump" in general, I'm not freaking out about it. When I told my husband I felt fatter, he said, "I don't think so. But your butt is looking FANTASTIC."
I was stunned by this. I said, "What's so fantastic about it? And when have you seen it?" (I try to hide it from him)
He said, "When you were walking into the shower the other day. It's got the most wonderful shape."
My mouth is gaping wide open at this point - I was thinking, why can't he knock first???
...haha

At least he's happy. After all, part of the reason I stay fit is for him. Although he seriously dislikes when I tell him that. "Don't pin your workout obsession on me! I liked you the way you were when we first started going out, 15 pounds heavier."


I really do think this break is what I needed. I've had time to work on my website, which has made my days FLY by! I am truly happy when I'm working with my photography. I have also been out in my flower beds working like crazy to get them looking nice. Years of neglect by previous owners of this house has proved to be a LOT of work for us. But my rose garden is looking spectacular and I've gotten some great exercise from gardening alone! I never realized how much work it could be. Yesterday, I was digging up plants and this one in particular with some big ass roots took me an hour to get it out of the ground! A lot of moving rock, digging and digging and more digging....and sweating! Holy man, I looked like I had just gotten out of the shower and then rolled around in the dirt. Wet and dirty from head to toe. I was outside for many hours yesterday working in the flower beds. It was the most perfect beautiful day for it. And of course, like an idiot, I sunburned my back (it's hard to put sunscreen on your own back).

At least I have found ways to keep myself active.

Now that my oldest will be back home and I've got a babysitter again, it's time to get back to the gym. WITH my mother. She has been out of it since February! Need to get her back there. It's always more fun to go together. 

No comments: