Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cheat day - cycle 2 begins

I need something to do before my pills kick in and I get tired enough to fall asleep.

Today was CHEAT DAY!!

I was sooooo excited for the day. I wanted to sleep in since I didn't have to get up to get the kids ready for school. But I couldn't. I knew that there was carmel nut coffee cake on my kitchen counter waiting for me. And, bonus for me, my husband had gotten out of bed before me (first time for everything) and brewed a fresh pot of coffee. So I got up and had delicious coffee cake and coffee for breakfast. Yum!

Then for lunch I had chicken nuggets and fast food fries (made at home) dunked in ketchup and horseradish sauce. LOVE! I even poured myself a glass of coke. I thought since it was a cheat day I would have some. But one sip and YUK! How can anyone drink pop?? It's just so nasty. No wonder it pickles your liver. And on that note....did you know that if you drink pop every day eventually your liver will look like that of an alcoholic?  Ew. When your liver is all fatty and toxic due to soda consumption, what do you think is going to happen to your health over time? And consuming a lot of fructose, like consuming too much fat, contributes to weight gain. (preaching over with)

Then for coffee break I had a bunch of cookies.

And for the pièce de résistance, we had Italian night - my favorite! I cooked my rocking spaghetti (I even used white pasta) with puttenesca sauce, garlic breadsticks and garlic toast, an antipasto plate, lovely red wine served in my new silver decanter and even some Italian sparkling water. Oh, we had the ambiance, the music, it was wonderful. Too bad the older kids missed out. The only other thing that was missing was the tiramisu to finish it off. Although I was too full anyway. I love doing themed dinners. It turns something ordinary into something special. I will post pics later.

I love carb loading.

And so tomorrow is my next fast day. I did good overfeeding today so I'll be in super fat burn mode by tomorrow. Not only will I not be eating during super fat burning mode, but I will be performing 3 workouts to get a HUGE calorie deficit. I'm excited to see how much looser still my jeans are 3 days from now! I expect great things, my friends!!

Say my body burns 1600 calories a day just doing it's bodily functions. And I'm fasting so I am not ingesting a single calorie. And say I burn 1000 calories through exercise. I am in a 2600 calorie deficit in just one day. That's only 900 away from a pound gone. And I have the rest of the cycle to do that. Cake walk. That's why this stuff works!

Ok, I'm tired. Gotta get some Zzzzzzzzs because I have a lot of working out to do tomorrow. Nighty night.

No comments: