Friday, January 27, 2012

I am getting stronger

I AM getting stronger!

I haven't done hamstring curls in a while so I decided to add them to the end of my routine today (along with others, see below) and I thought that I would implement the "heavy is better for hamstring growth" thought. I put the peg in 50lbs and cranked them out! WOW! For me, I was pushing it to lift 40-45lbs with good form so I was totally stoked. I added weight up to 65lbs and that's where my form started to suffer.

Not only that, but I did that damn glute/ham raise machine again today and ROCKED it! I did 10 reps (I'm starting out slow) and it was a beautiful thing. I really struggle getting the machine how I want it though, too many levers and knobs and settings. I climb on and off that thing 10 times before it is situated how I want it. One guy on a treadmill watching me struggle said, "looks like more trouble than it's worth". I ignored him.

I also added band walking and curtsy lunges to the end. Working my saddlebags, oh yeah! I also wanted to squeeze in some step ups and leg press kickbacks for my glutes but my workout was getting on the long side and I still had sprints so I thought I better wrap it up. Although, I felt so good, I could easily have been there another hour just trying out different things. It was a great gym day.

I took some pictures today with my phone as I was getting dressed. Only because I had an "overfeed" day and had pizza last night and STILL had abs and a flat tummy this morning. Whoot! If I can remember, I'll post them later...or tomorrow...or never, who knows with me.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: