Monday, January 23, 2012

Mondays are one of my favorite days

Ok, so I promised I'd try track sprints and let you know how it went. Well, I wasn't bothered by walkers because I was there late enough in the morning for that not to be an issue. But I was right about the shortness of the track being a bit of a pain. Turning those corners while sprinting is rough. On a full size track, it would be ideal to sprint the straight edges and walk the corners, but we have to work with what we have, right? Anyway, I gave it a try. And I kind of liked it. Because I worked myself to what I knew was my limit. I wasn't held back in anyway by the setting of a treadmill.

I did sprints after my full workout routine. I'm liking my new routine. It's tough, yet it doesn't feel like I'm taxing my nervous system EVERY time I workout. And that is nice. I did 115lb deadlifts. It's been a while since I've done heavier deadlifts so I was very surprised at this weight. Hopefully my form was correct. I tried really focusing on that because on that exercise, form is more important than amount of weight. Of course this is true with any exercise, but especially with the deadlift. I think you could really hurt your back if you aren't careful.

Tomorrow is an off day. I'm trying 3 full body days and one interval day so that leaves 3 rest days. I thought that it couldn't hurt to try Bodypump on at least one of those days. So tomorrow morning I might take the plunge. I'm not entirely sure I should since I hear you will be mega sore afterwards, and I don't want to be sore for my next lifting workout. But, you never know until you try, right?

Today was a great day again. Energy was through the roof. I keep feeling like I better slow down before I just completely crash but it hasn't happened yet so I'm just going to go with it. Must be all the veggies purifying my system. Here's how I would describe how I feel: you know when your coffee pot gets sort of yucky after a while and you have to run a few cycles of vinegar water through it to clean it up and get all the gunk out? That's sort of what I feel like. It seems as though my system was clogged with "gunk" and now I'm cleaned out and running smoother.

Kids are home and needing my attention so I'm off to be a mom. Boy these relaxing school days are short!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, are you still on the fasting cycle diet or has the 25 days finished? i have yet to watch the 6 pack ab video on his website - is that what you are doing now? im up and down atm - the kids are still on hols, im working 1/2days and not in any routine at all. we have a big Australia Day street barby on thursday and the kids go back to school the following monday so i think i'll wait til after then to go full speed agai. meanwhile, my masage therapist (aka muscle whisperer - he is fantastic) told me to drink organic white tea for my gasto system, it flushes out toxins, stops bloating, keeps you regular etc so im doing that - hope it works - i'll def need it after thursday hahaha!
talk soon xx

Charlotte said...

Hey there, my friend! No, I got through half of the cycle and ditched it. I swear I was just losing water instead of fat because after going halfway, I still didn't see any improvement in my legs. Although I got smaller, I didn't feel that 2 more weeks would have solved my problem. I don't want to just keep getting smaller and smaller, that's not what I'm after. I was sad because I figured it was going to be a quick way to jump start my bikini body. My main problem is I can't ever seem to finish what I start. I'm so dang impatient. So I'm on to the next thing. But it's something that I enjoy so at least I know I'll be able to stick with it. That's interesting what you said about white tea, you should blog about that! Isn't that expensive and hard to come by? I've tried looking for it myself and all I can find are blends. I currently have a green/white blend that I drink. And speaking of massage, I have a gift certificate that I got from "santa" for a body massage that I keep forgetting to make an appointment for. That sounds like something I could use right now. Can't wait to read more from your blog about what your plans are - goals and workout routine. Let's get a jump on this new year so we can reach our goals!