Sunday, June 12, 2011

Here we go!

Here we go, Amanda! Our 3 week challenge is underway. I'm feeling that old motivation and passion creeping back and I love it! I love how powerful I feel when I can say "NO" to ice cream and junk food that is not going to help me with my goals.

Yesterday, we went to the beach. Met my brother and his family there for an afternoon of boating and sunshine. I didn't ski because I think the water is too cold yet. In fact, I didn't even want to get in the water but I ended up there anyway (on accident) when our tube went under. LOL

Anyway, typically a day like this would be a diet disaster. You know how it is, packing crackers and chips and granola bars and unhealthy processed portable foods. Then stopping for ice cream on the way home. But I planned ahead, was prepared and made it a successful diet day. I didn't suffer. I wasn't starving. And it worked.

Breakfast: 1/3 cup oats (plain), 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1 cup tomato juice (freshly juiced), 1 cup dandelion tea, supplements
Snack: post workout Myoplex Lite chocolate protein drink with spinach, supplements
Lunch: 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt with pure cocoa powder & stevia mixed in, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, green peppers, radishes, 1 cup dandelion tea, supplements
Snack: 1 can tuna, 1 cup radishes, green peppers (this is what I had at the lake)
Dinner: (was late, almost 7pm) extra lean beef with taco seasoning over romaine lettuce and shredded cabbage, lowfat shredded cheese, salsa, black olives and ranch vinaigrette spray, 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, dandelion tea, supplements

I had this menu written up the day before so I knew exactly what I was going to eat. The only change I made was that instead of having the tuna for lunch, I moved it to snack since I knew it would be more portable and would accommodate me at the lake, whereas the yogurt would have been more of a pain.

Seriously, if you find that eating healthy is the hardest part about getting lean, make up your menu the day before or even for the entire week (although that can be hard, because sometimes our moods change and what we want to eat today, we might not want to eat 5 days from now). I have found that this helps me immensely. I am 100 times more likely to stick to my healthy diet when I don't have to think even a little bit about what I am going to eat for my next meal. I will write up my menu for the next day, tape it to my cupboard where I can see it, and this eliminates stress and keeps me focused. Make sure you do any grocery shopping you need the day before also!

No comments: