Sunday, June 26, 2011

Saturday

Well yesterday was the Scandinavian festival. That was a good time, and a true test of will power! While it sort of through a kink into my eating schedule, at least I didn't falter and have something that would have been a diet disaster.

I had my normal breakfast and snack. Then I set out a chicken breast to thaw so I could eat it for lunch. But we didn't get home until 3pm so I had no choice but to eat at the festival. Believe me when I tell you that despite the fact that there were foods from 5 or 6 different countries there, there was nothing healthy! I ate a piece of brown bread with smoked salmon on top. And that was it. It was the healthiest choice by far. And while I was a bit disappointed that I ate bread (which was not on my planned menu for the week), I knew if I picked off the salmon and just ate that, I might not have had energy for the rest of the festival.

When I got home, I had a protein shake for a snack. Then right before dinner I had some cottage cheese, because that small lunch just wasn't enough. And for dinner, grilled that chicken breast and threw it in a lettuce salad.

Then, we decided to watch "The Best Thing I Ever Ate: totally fried" on Food Network. BAD idea. My mouth was like a fountain, watering, watching all this delicious and terrible fried food. I mean, everything from french fries, fried chicken, deep fried candy bars and fried brussel sprouts. Even deep fried shrimp heads and get this.....deep fried bacon. As if bacon wasn't heart stoppingly unhealthy on it's own! At that point, I probably could have eaten deep fried dog poop, I was craving. BUT, I switched my mental direction. We went outside and took the dog for a walk. I thought about how in just 5 1/2 weeks, I could be rid of my problem areas. And once I am there, maintaining will be a breeze!

For a bedtime snack I had Greek yogurt and low sodium hot & spicy V8. So, even though I improvised half the day, I still stayed on track.

I didn't workout, but I will just switch when it comes to my rest day. How was your day?

No comments: