Friday, June 10, 2011

Since my last post I have gotten my energy back. I have not missed a workout in 5 days AND I have added in 3 high intensity interval training sessions in!

Yesterday was a rest day from strength training but I still did intervals. I spent all day (9 to 5) cleaning the house. I didn't just tidy up, I scrubbed! All four toilets cleaned in one day....I don't think that has ever happened. Usually it's so hard just keeping up with vacuuming the dog hair every day and other daily chores that I don't even want to think about the deep cleaning that needs to be done. But I wanted to get as much done as I could so that on the next sunny hot day I could spend all day outside without a care or worry about what I should be doing inside. Laundry is done too, and that always feels good.

Today is another cloudy day, but that doesn't bother me. I'm in a pretty good mood. Just got done with my abs circuit for the day and got a great sweat on. Now, the only thing I have to do the rest of the day is play with my girls. Of course, there is always the basement calling. It needs to be cleaned....badly. But I'm not worried about it.

As of yesterday, I have vowed to eat entirely clean for the next 3 weeks (I'm shooting for the last day of June). It seems that I've slipped a lot lately and I want to get back into the groove. If I set my sights on a short term goal, that will help. As I was making the children lunch yesterday, I went to stick my hand in the cracker box to taste of of their crackers and I stopped myself and said "what are you doing? you can't have that!" ....haha! It worked! So my diet was all clean yesterday. I started off counting calories but tapered towards the end of the day. I'll have to get out the calculator later if I'm interested in finding out how I did. If I can fluctuate between 1200 and 1500 calories daily, I'll be happy. As long as I keep my activity level high. It certainly was yesterday! And if I can continue adding HIIT most days, I should drop fat. SHOULD is the key word here!

I'm glad to have some motivation back!

No comments: