Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sorry to post twice in one day but....

I couldn't wait. You may or may not remember me talking about my 13 year old, Hanna, wanting to jump on the clean eating bandwagon with me. She has also been wanting to workout with me. Like, actually asking if she can workout with me. Not me asking her or bribing her in any way....her actually electing to do it.

It was her dad's weekend to have her and Eden. She had actually packed for a week though because she is done with summer school now and she wanted to spend some more time with her dad. But her dad texted me this morning and said Hanna wanted to come home so she could keep working out with me.

......I was speechless. Who is this girl?

Not only that, but she wants to eat exactly what I eat. She has tried more new foods in the past week than she ever has. And done so willingly and without complaint. She has been more open and receptive of these new foods. And the best part about it is that I haven't had to beg her. This is all her own new-found motivation. Do you want to know what did it? Do you want to know the ONE sentence I said that completely changed her attitude? Ok, I'll tell you.

"You can completely change your body in 6 weeks." - that is all it took. Just knowing that she could feel comfortable in her own skin, be confident in her body and herself before going back to school was what she needed to hear, I guess. She wants a change. She's finally ready for it. How do I know? Because I'm not pushing it on her, she decided that the time was right.

And what better time is there? Over a summer vacation, when we can workout in the mornings together, eat every meal together, etc. This is a great bonus for me as well because I've wanted a workout buddy for SO LONG!

But she knows the road is not going to be easy. I told her that it's going to be damn hard! Because if it were easy, no one would have weight issues. Breaking food addictions is hard. Working out is hard. Doing both at the same time when you rarely cared in the past is really hard. And if it's going to produce visible, noticeable results in just 6 weeks, you are going to have to put all of your effort into it. But it can be done! We are in this together, Hanna. I am so very proud of you.

Tonight I shared my own special "dessert" that I have every night. It's a way to squash my chocolate cravings with healthy food. I had her try my cottage cheese mixed with stevia and cocoa powder. And I threw in a new little twist: fat free, sugar free instant pudding mix - cheesecake flavor. She loved it. I also discovered a way to make chocolate frosting for my healthy chocolate cake (the recipe for which I have shared here). I'm not going to blog the recipe for it yet though. You'll just have to wait ;) It was a freak discovery I made last night. And I cannot wait to try it on top of my cake to see how it tastes!

No comments: