Wednesday, June 1, 2011

shrinkage

I don't know how I'm doing it, but I'm getting smaller. I was elated a week or so ago when I measured myself to find that I had shrunk some. Imagine my reaction when I measured this week to find that I have gotten even smaller still! I put the measuring tape around my hips, looked down at the number and my eyes popped in disbelief. I had to be mistaken. I took off the tape and remeasured, being sure I was over the widest part of my hips. The same number. Then my thighs. Again, a smaller number than last week. Oh. My. Goodness. Even after the pizza, the candy bar, the ice cream, the ice cream again and that big old fatty breakfast. Not to mention, a 3 day workout hiatus.

This whole game of fat loss is such a mystery to me. And half the time it seems to make no sense at all. That is the most frustrating part. I work my ass off day after day, week after week, month after month and sometimes the results are so small and so few and far between that I wonder if it's worth it. But I carry on because I feel that I've worked far too hard and come way too far to stop now. If I just quit, ALL my efforts, all the pain, sweat, tears and exhaustion...will have been for nothing. But, I take a wee break from clean eating and working out and get smaller. It makes no sense. Mind you, I am not complaining, I just wish I could predict it better. Because after all of the literature I've read, every book, every e-zine, every study, I would think that I had a clear understanding of the mechanics of fat loss. But my own body seems to defy all that is normal in this world.

For the curious, my stats:

5/20/11
hips: 35.75"
butt: 36"
thigh: 20.25"

5/24/11
hips: 35.25"
butt: 36"
thigh: 20"

5/31/11
hips: 35"
butt: 35.50"
thigh: 19.50"

So over the course of a week and a half, I have shrunk my hips by 3/4ths of an inch, my butt by 1/2 and inch and my thighs by 3/4ths of an inch. Crazy! What am I doing to cause this sudden change? I honestly don't even know!! But I do know that despite getting smaller, my problems still remain. All I can do is keep shrinking and hope for the best.

I am now taking glucosamine for my joints and some supplements to improve circulation. I'm hoping to notice a difference in two months, so by end of July. All is well in this weird world of mine.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

rock on charlotte!!! thats great. i too am looking at the end of july for results. my girlfriend is organising a barby with some really good friends we havent seen for ages and since they are all skinny, gorgeous and 5-8 years younger than me (and yes we all have 3 kids each so thats not an excuse for me) i want to look and FEEL gorgeous too. dont get me wrong, these gals dont give 2 hoots about how a girl looks and i love them to death - i have known them for near 20 years, but i always feel my age and look at my bad bits when i'm around them. so, 8 weeks - to fit in my skinny jeans losely, skin crystal clear and more muscle definition. I want to lose 2.5cm (1 inch) off the widest part of my butt and 1cm off each thigh. I know that doesnt sound much but in reality thats the hardest place for me to lose. Anyway, i'm up for the challenge - are you with me !!!!

Charlotte said...

I'm with you! I totally hear you. That is my trouble spot as well. And I know first hand how hard it is to get rid of it. You and I are so alike. Let's use these next 8 weeks to kick our own asses all over the gym! We are smarter than our jiggle. If others can do it, so can we!!! 8 weeks to a better body ~ whoo hoo!