Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hi, self, nice to see you again

Well, I almost feel back to normal again. I got up, ate half a banana and got my butt downstairs and did my workout before anything else. It feels GOOD to have it done so I don't have to worry about fitting it in at some point during the day. I honestly don't know why some days I procrastinate doing it when I know how awesome I feel right now having gotten it over with.

I have been really struggling with eating breakfast lately. I don't know why, I'm usually a good breakfast eater. But lately I feel like I have to force myself to eat and then I feel sick. I'm just not hungry. That's why I only had half a banana and just went to workout right away. I thought, why not take advantage of the fact that I'm not super hungry and get a workout on a mostly empty stomach in?

Now I'm drinking my daily spinach and chocolate protein shake. That is my breakfast today.

I'm really excited for the day. The weather here has been GORGEOUS. Mother nature finally pulled the stick out of her ass and decided to give us some summer weather. So a friend of mine and I are taking our kids to a little lake with a sandy beach this afternoon. I'm already sunburned, so I'm going to need to coat myself in a thick layer of sunscreen. On the other hand, it will be kind of nice to actually have some color on my skin. I am quite the pasty creature!

As far as workouts go, I think I am just past 6 weeks of the circuits. I have revamped them because I was starting to dread them. I'm doing a lot of the same stuff, I just eliminated the exercises I really disliked and replaced them with something similar that I actually enjoyed. Now they take me about 30 minutes and then I add 10 minutes of rebounding at the end. I know I should be adding some intervals about 3-4 days a week but with my energy and motivation in the toilet lately, I haven't done any of that. Hopefully now that I seem to be getting a little of 'me' back today, that will change.

I've felt so crappy the last couple of weeks. Just low energy, low motivation, bad mood, fatigue......dare I say depressed? I don't know why, it's honestly got me baffled. Could I feel this way because my goal date has passed and I didn't accomplish what I was SO SURE I would be able to do?? Maybe. But that just means, I set a new goal and reach for it with the same passion and dedication as before. Now that I have nothing to strive for, I don't feel the motivation. So I will set another date and a goal and get back to you! I'm thinking something around September 1st? We'll see...

No comments: