Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday's log

Yesterday (wednesday) I felt SO GOOD! I felt better than I have in a long time. I don't know the cause of my rut or slump or funk or whatever you want to call it, but it is over and I'm happy.

I had high energy, I got a lot done (laundry ALL done....BAM!). Do you know what I think it is?? Diet. Oh yeah. I've been eating totally clean again for about 5 days now. Getting lots of veggies in, limiting calorie dense food, no processessed or prepackaged food, etc. And now I'm feeling good. Coincidence? I think not. I think my body is finally getting what it wants again.

I had been slowly sliding. Sometimes it happens. But now that I'm back, it's full speed ahead!

Diet for yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/3 c. oats, handful blueberries
am snack: pw protein powder & spinach drink
Lunch: 4 egg white sandwich on Ezekiel bread with peppers, onions, and a slice of cheese (yes, again. will be for a while I'm afraid, it's so darn good)
pm snack: Greek yogurt with steviva, cocoa powder and sliced almonds, banana, 1 cup broccoli
Dinner: chicken, brown rice, peppers & onions, provolone (Made as a one skillet dish. Cooked the chicken, threw in some sliced peppers and onions, then added cooked rice and finally melted some provolone over top. Really good, kids liked it too!) Oh, and a big handful of cherry tomatoes.
Pre bed snack: 1/4 C. part skim ricotta cheese with steviva & cocoa powder & wasa crisp with laughing cow wedge (110 calories) I was hungry because I had only a tiny serving for dinner. I should have added a salad.

I am keeping my calories in check with this routine, that's why I like to eat the same things daily. I think it would probably bore most people who crave variety, but these are all the nutritious foods that I know I need. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

No comments: