Monday, June 13, 2011

My routine

Ok, so I wanted to give you a visual of some of my daily habits.


This is spinach in my Ninja. I mix it with a bit of water first. Then I take my shaker glass, mix my protein powder with some water, and pour it into the spinach. I blend it again so it's nice and smooth.


And this is what it ends up looking like. Some days I make it thicker but inevitably, no matter what flavor protein powder I use, it is very green.


I am so into Greek yogurt mixed with cocoa powder, steviva and sliced almonds right now. It's like eating dessert. It is so good. This lovely concoction will only set me back 140 calories and I get a whopping 20 grams of protein and 3.5 grams of healthy fat from the almonds. I always get 0% fat yogurt. Usually I buy Oikos brand but I like the Fage brand because it has LAC (live and active cultures). And it comes in these handy single serving containers.

*please forgive the horrible lighting, blurry photos and bad presentation. It makes me embarrassed as a lover of photography to post such horrible photos. But I was in a hurry.

Below I have photographed all the supplements I am currently taking, which is quite the feat for me since I absolutely hate (HATE!) swallowing pills.


I bought these perfect little containers at the dollar store which are perfect for this purpose. I fill them up in the morning, that way, I never have to think about what I've taken and haven't taken.


All filled up.


As you can see, those triple omega capsules are BIG. Those are my least favorite. The breakfast, lunch and dinner supplements make my tummy upset for a short while. I always feel nauseous for about 5 minutes after taking them, even with food.


Ok, so here are my healthy fats. I am currently alternating days with these two. One day I'll take 1/2 tbsp, twice, of the coconut oil, the next day I will day 3 capsules of the triple omega. I was solely taking the triple omega and just cooking with the coconut oil but now I'm cooking with safflower oil because it has a higher smoke point. The smoke point is the specific temperature at which the oil starts to break down…or in more technical terms, its molecular structure begins to change. Olive oil, for instance, would be bad to stir fry with. That is best saved for fresh use, like on salad.


These next three I am taking for various reasons; circulation, reduce stress, healthy liver & kidney function, healthy skin, etc. I am all about just trying to keep my system detoxified through healthy foods and supplements. I am not sure how long I need to take them before I see any benefit but I really think I am starting to see a massive change in my temperament since taking the Schizandra. I'm talking just a few weeks.

And the Herbalife is something my sister does and swears by. The multivitamin is one that I take 3 times a day because it's fast absorbing and you only get small doses at a time, so your body actually uses the vitamins. The Cell-U-Loss I am just trying for water retention, if I feel like I need it. And the cell activator is one I take twice a day for better absorption of nutrients, although I don't think I will be getting it again.

Joint Juice is also new to my routine. I've been having some issues with my knees and I am taking these daily, which gives me a day's supply of glucosamine. Knee problems run in my family and I want to protect myself any way I can so I can keep on exercising until the day I die! Plus, it helps me drink another glass of water a day!

I know I've talked about taking CLA before. It it one of those supplements that has been shown to prevent cells from storing fat and prompt cells to dump the fat they are already holding. Some people say it doesn't work, some people say it does. But I have read that you need to be taking it for the long haul to see results, like 6 months or more. It's only $14 a bottle, it's worth a shot in my opinion.

My brand of protein powder; Myoplex and Myoplex Lite. You can see that the difference is one has more than double the protein (and also double the calories). I bought the regular first but was always dividing the packets in half because it was just too filling so I bought the Lite and it is much better. I will take the regular when summer is over and I start training and eating to put on muscle.


And this was the brand I was always using before Myoplex. It's just a GNC brand. I still keep some around for variety. It only has 2 grams of carbs per serving so if I want a low carb, high protein shake, I will go for this powder instead of the Myolplex - which has 24 grams of carbs and makes it better for a post workout shake.

And that is my routine! Other than my daily dose of oats, cottage cheese and eggs, but you know what those look like!

And so diet for the day is as follows:
Breakfast: 1/3 C. Oats, 1/3 C. cottage cheese
Snack: NONE - not really on purpose
Lunch: egg whites & veggies on English muffin - not planned but I wasn't home and it was my healthiest option (150 calories)
Snack: Myoplex & spinach shake
Dinner: top sirloin steak with small slice melted Harvarti and sauteed onions and peppers, lettuce salad with romaine, spinach & cabbage, broccoli, and radishes
Snack: Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, steviva and sliced almonds

Overall, a healthy day.

For exercise: Mowed the lawn, took a short bike ride, and did a new Shapeshifter routine. Oh, and of course, rebounding =)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

doing good charlotte! what is a shapeshifter routine?