Monday, May 30, 2011

Challenge: salad

It just doesn't feel like a Monday today. But, it is and that means I need to have a plan for the coming week. I would like to try to come up with tasty salads this week. I get so bored with salad to the point where I just don't want to eat it. And I need to eat more of them, so that means I need to make them more exciting.

I love love love my food & wine magazine because there are always such inspiring dishes to try. And usually, even if there aren't many that I would be interested in trying, the wonderful photographs always make me want to try something exotic and flavorful of my own. Sometimes I think that it would be fun to be a chef. But if I cooked and baked as much as I wanted, I'd be 30 pounds heavier for sure! One of our favorite things to do on a Sunday night before bed is watch Iron Chef America. We are in awe of the creativity they possess when it comes to food. What i wouldn't give to be a judge on that show!!!

Photographing food is also fun. Although, I never make it pretty enough to be photo worthy. Wouldn't it be fun to know how to plate food to make it look sophisticated?

So, if anyone has any great salad recipes or knows of any websites containing great ideas for NON bland salads, please let me know! I'd love to turn our typical bowl of romaine, tomatoes and cucs into something that says "BAM!".

No comments: