Thursday, May 19, 2011

Run? Sure!

My little E bear did so awesome on her mile run tonight. And I can't believe how quick it went. I could easily have gone 20 more, I swear. I was totally pumped! Maybe it was because I was with her and she is just such a great girl. And I was really trying hard to get her mind off being nervous.

She saw an ambulance there and she was so worried about it. I told her that there usually is an ambulance or two when there is an event with a large crowd, just in case someone gets hurt or faints, or....

"Why would someone faint? Do you think someone will get hurt?" ...and on and on

I mean, she was really nervous. She is my little worrier. I guess she gets that from me. But we made it through without any panic attacks. And I am so proud of her. She accomplished something new and is looking forward to going again next year, with little sister Emma in tow =)

As for me, I'm really liking all this extra exercise I'm getting lately. I think maybe I need to keep running in the evenings because it is doing wonders for my mood and stress level. As long I can do it outside. Indoors on a treadmill definitely doesn't have the same effect! Could just be the fact that I am out enjoying the nice weather after a loooooong cold winter and not a very nice start to spring. Whatever it is, I like it!

Just think of all the extra calories I'll burn! Working out twice a day.....whoo hoo! Not sure how long it will last but I'm just going to go with it.

No comments: