Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First outdoor jog of 2011

Last night, I took my 8 year old, Eden, out for a jog. She is running a youth mile run tomorrow night and she wanted to get a couple practices in before hand. She did amazing, like I knew she would. And last night was an amazing night (after another amazing day). Beautiful outside. Perfect temperature in my opinion. It was so enjoyable, in fact, that after we got back home, I grabbed my iPod and went out again for a longer run. It was peaceful and lovely. I was in SUCH a great mood the rest of the evening. It really did me good. If you read this blog, you probably know that running is not my preferred workout. I wouldn't like it if I HAD to do it. But when it's like it was last night, on a whim ... an "I feel like jogging outside because it's so beautiful" kind of thing, that's when it's enjoyable.

Here's an interesting quote:

"True or False:
If you want to lose fat quickly the best thing to do is to run for miles and miles and miles.
False. That’s great if you want a pancake butt, loose skin, shin splints and a lower back so sore that you can’t wear your favorite high heals!

Don’t get me wrong, running is great for burning calories but you can get your fat down to 15% with just diet and weight training alone. You don’t need cardio until that LAST few percent." - Flavia Del Monte

Ugh, does that mean I have to run now??

Today, my butt workout is up in the rotation. That isn't so bad. It's the shoulders and the abs that are the two main killers. I was so tired this morning that I didn't get up for fasted HIIT. In fact, after breakfast, I went back to bed because it was actually hard to remain in an upright position. I was SO tired. I think that the lack of sleep the night before has caught up with me. It's hard to sleep when you have a sick little one in your bed coughing all night long. Poor little girl :(

Not sure if I mentioned this or not but I won't be doing the 10k this year as planned because I kept forgetting to register and when I did finally try, it was full. Only the full marathon was still open (no thanks). Oh, and the 5k but it's kinda like...what's the point? The only reason I was going to run in anything was because my sister is running it. The one who never thought she'd run. I am so proud of her! She has the bug because now she is talking about wanting to do a relay next year. And so I suppose I'll get sucked in...haha.

But I will always stay true to my weight bench. You are my number 1 =) And I think I hear you calling.....

No comments: