Monday, May 9, 2011

New week

Last week was a disaster in terms of following my carb/calorie cycling plan. I'm going to give myself time to refocus and try it again later this month.

Plan for this week:
1) eat a clean diet M-F
2) have one treat Saturday & Sunday
3) move more
4) morning fasted intervals (only 10 minutes but intense)
5) nightly fast paced walk 30 minutes after dinner
6) and of course, my same circuit training workouts

but most importantly:
7) don't stress about it so much!

I read something that sounded like it was speaking directly to me last night in terms of dieting and working out:

"stop trying so hard"

I had mentioned something about that in one of my last posts. To me, it seems like I do try so very hard and seem to have little to show for all my efforts except that I'm more stressed out. It's the stress caused by my insane expectations for myself that are probably to blame for my stalled progress.

So I'm going to try a different approach. I'm going to [try] to have a more relaxed attitude about this. It's not like I am competing in something. There is no time limit to this. Even though I have a deadline for June 1st, I just wanted to have the best body I could by that date. And I will. I will have my best body [since I was a teenager] so that in itself is a success. And it just keeps getting better all the time. It's cumulative.

At my goal deadline I wanted to be able to wear my bikini with confidence. But confidence comes from within. It's the way you chose to carry yourself. Maybe I need to work a little harder on the inside instead of the outside.

No comments: