Sunday, May 29, 2011

sunday

I had some knee clicking after a run last week that had me a bit nervous so I took two days off that would otherwise have been "unplanned". Now that I no longer hear the clicking, I am back at it.

I spent Friday night at a hotel with my girls so they could swim and it was fun. The place had a fantastic fitness center that made me drool on the window as I was looking in but sadly I didn't bring any workout clothes. I never would have expected it in such a dinky place. I thought about working out in my jammies and bare feet. Just to get a chance to use some of their weight equipment. What I wouldn't give to do a real lat pulldown! I have a pullup bar and a rubber band that I use but it just isn't the same.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just join a gym. There is one not very far from our house. But the thought really scares me. It would be one of those obstacles that I would really like to overcome. I wonder if my results would be better or come faster. I have noticed that I work harder when someone is with me. Even if it's just my kids, I push myself more, I am aware of my form. It's weird.

My husband and I went to play pool last night. I had my first glass of wine in a long time. It was nice. I was hungry so we ordered appetizers. Fearing there would be nothing healthy on the menu I had given up hope when my man pointed out the vegetable platter. Amazing! Fresh cut vegetables! We ordered that and some garlic cheesy bread with marinara. I ate tons of vegetables and I even indulged in some bread. It was good.

Last week I was doing pretty good from a nutritional standpoint. I did have a few more cheats than I wanted because of Emma's birthday and our nights out. But today is another day and the start of a new week. Nothing planned in the week ahead that should devastate my results so I will forge ahead with a strong will to get some results.

No comments: