Sunday, April 24, 2011

Got my massage. OUCH! I told her about my neck so she worked on that area the most. It hurt, but it felt good too. I was surprised that it actually didn't help at all. I was still in pain all day. I'm getting really tired of it. I feel for people who have chronic pain.

She also told me that what she could tell was that the muscle spasmed and shortened. And that the next time it happens I should pinch my neck gently and ice it. Interesting.

So I've been taking it easy the last couple of days. The last "workout" I did was the morning fasted cardio on Thursday. My husband gave me the ok to do some leg curls and extensions on the bench though (haha). But no heavy weight lifting or intervals or rebounding. I don't know....we'll see how I feel.

The Easter bunny came and gave the kids a TON of chocolate and candy. I mean, a TON. I don't know WHAT that Easter bunny was thinking??!!!! But, it will test my willpower for sure! Yesterday, I splurged and had some coffee cake and some chocolate eggs and some potato chips. It was a planned splurge so I'm not allowed to feel guilty. But I will say that I am glad it's over because I've had a massive gut ache ever since.

And with each splurge I made myself eat a serving of veg. I am doing this with the kids as well. I don't care if you have a handful of jelly beans, but for every handful of candy, you have to eat a handful of veggies. It's a GREAT way of getting kids to monitor how much they are eating and get their veggies in too! I know, I'm a genius ;)

No comments: