Friday, April 29, 2011

how circuits are going

Finished another brutal round of circuits. Today the focus was hamstrings. OMG, I am surprised daily by how hard these actually are! Each circuit not only works the hamstrings, but all of the other muscle groups as well, in turn. The core is also working very hard. The fast paced feel of the circuits, moving quickly from one exercise to the next, gives it an aerobic element. I always seem to be out of breath! I can definitely see how 6 weeks of this can do a lot in the fat torching department! Providing I still eat as clean as possible.

Have you ever done a push up in a pike position with your feet on the bench? How about a push up into a renegade row? A push up with your feet on the bench and hands on a stability ball? Some killer ways to do push ups other than just the traditional way. There are literally thousands of ways to modify your basic exercises to make them new and challenging. Try to challenge your workout today!

p.s. diet for the week, still right on track. Not a single crumb in my mouth unplanned or unhealthy. Tomorrow, I am looking forward to a splurge dinner with my loving husband.

No comments: