Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Out with the old



This is what I used to look like. It is 1999. Hanna, my first born, is the baby.

Yesterday when I was at my mom's I wanted to find this picture. I remember coming across it last time I was looking through her photo albums and being horrified. This was not the only "winner" in the album, but it stuck out so much in my mind that I had to find it again. I wanted to have it to remind myself how far I've actually improved myself (inside and out) since those days.

This was a time period when I was cruel to my body. I ate crappy fattening food EVERY day and never exercised. I drank a lot too. I was very hard on my body in my 20's. I had been so used to being thin that I didn't even realize how fluffy I was becoming. I must have been about 145lbs here. I am 111 lbs now. Maybe you can't see it really well but my belly was all soft and squishy and I had absolutely NO muscle definition anywhere.



This is now. And I am proud of what I've accomplished.

I work hard every day to try and improve my body from the inside out. Not only do I strive to become as fit as possible but I am constantly trying to become a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend....a better person. It's incredibly hard to change old habits, but I think that if I am consistently aware and dedicated to change, it will happen.

And now the Wednesday food diary entry:

8:00 am - Oatmeal with Almond Milk
11:00 am - pkg. South Beach Nuts
12:30 pm - Hu Hot - all healthy veggies & fish (no rice or noodles)
5:30 pm - thin crust pizza & veggie blended drink
8:00 pm - (post workout) 1/2 banana & protein powder drink

Total Calories = 1835
And I won't list my fat/protein/carb/fiber numbers because I forgot to write down my totals from the pizza, so they wouldn't be accurate. I did remember to jot down the calories though.

Another ok day for me. I made smart choices when eating out for lunch. For dinner, I probably could have chosen something healthier than pizza but the slices were small and thin and loaded with veg.

I just noticed I didn't have eggs this day either! Two days in a row. Odd. This day was ok for veggies but looking at the rest of the week I definitely need to improve that. I usually drink my veggies daily (as you can see) but there are times when I completely space it out or just don't have enough in the house. I barely got one serving of veg a day, I bet, before I got the Ninja blender. I really like to blend and drink my veggies because otherwise I just don't get enough. I'm honestly NOT CRAZY about vegetables. I could survive on bread and cheese and nothing else. Seriously.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey charlotte, i couldnt imagine a day without eggs (or should i say egg whites!) i have around 5 a day. pity about the yolks - it seems a shame to throw them in the bin. you mentioned on my blog that i dont have many carbs. yes thats true. i cannot lose fat when i have normal serve of carbs. ive tried and tried and even when my online trainer put me on his diet i did not lose until i dropped to one serve a day. when i told him he got cranky and said carbs dont make you fat but i dont fit into the cookie-cutter diet plan that he does. i make up alot of carbs from fibrous veg - prob 3-4 cups a day. by doing this i'm starting to see some great numbers drop from that tape measure. so, what is your goal now coz you look pretty amazing to me???

micah melby said...

Love the change!!! I remember the last time i seen you was about 15 years ago and i am pretty sure your hair was purple!!! You have come a long ways and made some great decisions its very motivating to see someone better themselves.