Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New books

I bought two new books last night:

The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno
and
Body for Life by Bill Phillips

I haven't read them yet, just sort of thumbed through the pages, speed reading a few parts here and there. But I can already tell that I'm really gonna love them!

Today was another great day from a nutrition standpoint. Workout suffered a bit today because DANG IT I hurt my back. The stupid thing about it is, two days ago I decided to try 10 minutes of standing ab work instead of my regular stuff. You know, just to change things up. And I don't know if I did it wrong, used to much back, not enough abs, or what. But I messed up something. Tonight, when I was laying on my back on the floor {trying to} exercise, I couldn't even sit up! I had to roll over on my side first. Ugh. I guess from now on I will stick to what I know works well and doesn't kill my back in the process.

I would write my day of food now but I'm in bed and I'm too tired and lazy to go downstairs and grab my journal. It's 11:30 and that's really late for me! I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to do legs tomorrow. I was supposed to do them today but my sweetie thought that I should wait until my back was feeling better so I didn't further injure myself. That is smart, no need to risk an injury. I remember last year at this time I had a badly sprained ankle and couldn't walk for 2 weeks. It took me a month to recover from that to the point where I could actually run again. I remember being on the treadmill and just crying because it hurt and I didn't think I was ever going to get better. Yucky memory!

On a side note, I bought a pair of SHORT shorts the other night that I plan on wearing this summer. Yep. I am THAT confident in my ability to rid myself of this last little jiggle that wants to hang of for dear life. I tried them on today thinking, oh man, I do NOT want to even look. And to my surprise, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Some days I feel so close, like when I look in the mirror tomorrow, I'll finally see that change that I'm looking for. As you get leaner and leaner, the last of the fat clings to you like never before and it becomes so hard to rid yourself of it. That's when it's time to bring out the big guns. But as I've read, time and time again, just sticking to a clean as possible diet can make ALL the difference. It might take a while, but it will happen. And I'm counting on that! Even if it takes another 6 months, I'm in it for the long haul. Because if I gave up, six months from now I'd be no better than I am now. And I was able to see significant changes in just a couple months (after being at a standstill for a year) just through eating as clean as possible and giving up sugar. Just imagine the possibilities 6 months down the road??!! Just thinking about it gives me tingles!

See, I'm pretty new to the 'eat clean' concept. It's only been since mid January that I decided to jump into it. I always knew it was important to eat right but I didn't know it was THAT important! When you have a lot of fat to lose, it falls off rather quickly with minuscule changes. For me, after I started a solid exercise program and made some healthier choices, it literally seemed to fall off every week without feeling like it was a huge effort. But as I got leaner, it got harder. And now that I'm at 13% body fat, it's REALLY hard!

Anyway, enough rambling. Nite!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

hi charlotte, how do you know your bodyfat percentage?

Charlotte said...

I use a caliper. Really cheap and easy to use, and a very effective way to measure.

micah melby said...

From the pictures I have seen I can guarantee you are lower than 13%. Im thinking around 7-9%. Your looking good!! Keep it up