Thursday, April 7, 2011

WOW

I've been a bad girl! I went out last night with my sister and our friend Mary (whom we call Millie) because it is her birthday on Saturday. I got seriously d-r-u-n-k! I mean, I had to go home with my sister and spent half the night on her cold bathroom floor with my head in the toilet. This is NOT normal behavior for me. Especially while I'm training.

So my mom calls me up to tease me this morning (because she was babysitting my little one while I was trying to recover), and she says, "I can't believe you did that! You are SO picky and careful about what you put into your body!" This is very true. And I can't believe it either.

We drank two bottles of wine between the 3 of us, then I had a martini, after that I was GONE. And it was only 10:30. I guess it's partly because I have no tolerance for alcohol anymore and partly because I only had a few squares of cheese and tiny pieces of bread for dinner. But sheesh did I get horribly sick. I will NEVER do that again (I hope). I spent most of the day in my bed trying to sleep. I got up and showered at about 3:00, ate some sprouted grain bread with lots of yummy butter and then I started to feel human again.

I have been searching my soul for a reason that I might have let myself go like that and I come up with nothing. One glass of wine - that is my limit. Why I kept going, I just don't know. But it was fun. We laughed until we cried. We danced. It was a good night. And even though I know not eating isn't a good thing typically, at least I feel a little better knowing that my calorie intake today was practically nothing. I realize that is a stupid way to look at it.

I read on a blog once that if you throw away the hard work you did all week on a night drinking or binge on unhealthy food, you just aren't serious about getting the body you desire or becoming fit. I have to disagree. I am more serious than anyone I know about being health conscious and exercising to improve my body. The results that I am after and the passion I feel about getting there is very real. I sacrifice a lot on a daily basis. If I make a mistake, I'm not going to feel guilty about not being serious enough. Because I'm human, I'm flawed. I will just get back up and work as hard as always to achieve my goal. While I do agree that to do this often would mean I probably wasn't all that serious about it, I don't think that straying from my plan once every 3 months is going to label me a failure.

And on to last Thursday's nutrition log:

7:00 am - shredded wheat & bran with almond milk, 1/2 avocado
10:00 am - 2 eggs, 1 slice sprouted grain bread with butter
1:00 pm - (post workout) chicken breast, yam
3:30 pm - 1 slice provolone, 1 banana
5:30 pm - chicken breast, mashed potatoes, veggie blended drink

Total calories = 1524
total fat 58.4g
total protein 96.9g
total carbs 162g
total fiber 30g

Pretty ok day. Not perfect, but it never is.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

hey charlotte - life is not a rigid thing - it keeps changing, different things happen. you just cant eat clean 24/7/365 - thats just too rigid !!!
but how nice is it to have a glass of wine (or for me a good quality champers)!!!!! a very luxurious thought. the trick is to know how to stop at one glass. this i havent mastered either. i cant believe how sick you can get - i did that recently and dont want to do it again the memory of the hangover stops me drinking. least you had a great night out !
cheers, have a good weekend

Charlotte said...

I know, I just get disappointed in myself when I do stupid things. I should know better. And I don't plan on eating super clean all the time for the rest of my life...I just wanted to make it until summer :( But I'm right back where I need to be again. Thanks for your support! I needed that!

micah melby said...

Dont Sweat it!! with your high level of dedication 1 night of fun is very well deserved.