Tuesday, April 26, 2011

stupid neck

Well, I thought my neck was better. Turns out, it just comes and goes. Today, after my intervals, I was really struggling with the pain. It is getting so tiresome. I hate to complain, but it's seriously starting to get depressing to be in constant pain. I want to be active, I enjoy it, but it's not fun if every time you do ANYTHING, you hurt.

Yesterday was my first day back to my weight room in 4 days. I could tell, I got pretty winded. But I pushed through it and then I jumped on the mini tramp for quite a long time. Plus I got two walks in. One with our giant Newfoundland - that is a workout in itself! She is just a little over a year old and still very wild when she sees other people and dogs. I'm almost afraid to walk her by myself because I think she outweighs me now. And she's crazy strong. Anyway, at least I'm doing something again. I'm trying to ease back into it, I don't want to really injure myself while my neck heals, but it's SO HARD.

Tomorrow, I plan on switching to a circuit weight routine. I think with my neck being so out of whack lately, I just don't dare go back to lifting heavy for a while. It's ok, circuits are really effective. I did 6 weeks of metabolic circuit training before I pierced my navel (the piercing was my reward) and I leaned out so much from it. It makes me sweat bullets and pant like a dog, and is one of those workouts that makes you feel so whipped yet refreshed at the end.

As far as diet is going, so far this week I am ROCKING it! I am super highly motivated right now and I am taking advantage of it. I eat tons of spinach every day, plus various other veg throughout the day and two servings of fruit. Not to mention that I am having my 3 servings of triple omega, 1 tsp coconut oil, BCAAs and CLA daily. Of course I make sure to get a lean protein in with every meal. I probably have more nutrients surging through my system than ever before!

One more thing that I thought of which needs improvement - stretching. I am so lazy when it comes to stretching. I need to start stretching properly after every workout, maybe I won't be so stiff and prone to neck aches. But you know how it is when you have finished an exhausting workout, you just want to be done.

I will be a success story!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hey charlotte, good job on diet!!!!! what does your circuit training involve? sounds very interesting. my back goes out constantly and symptoms sound like your neck. when this happens i need to get it cracked by the physio as something is out and it strains and pinches the nerves. hope it gets better soon - it sux that it interupts training when you're so pumped and motivated!