Wednesday, April 13, 2011

opinionated

I have opinions. Like everyone else. It's just that I used to be too scared to voice them. I was always afraid of my opinions clashing with someone else's opinions and then getting into some heated debate about who is right. Plus, I used to think my opinions were probably stupid anyway. Well, I've grown up a bit since those days. I'm not as afraid to say what I think anymore. It depends on the crowd of people though. There are many situations where I'm pretty much the quietest girl in the room. I've accepted that this is just my personality, and that is what makes me ME.

But this blog is a way for me to voice all of my opinions regarding exercise and diet and all things related to getting healthy and fit. It's my "diary" online for the world to see. Not everyone is going to agree with everything I say. But that's ok. I am entitled to my opinion. Especially on my own personal space - my blog. I love to read comments. I rarely ever had anyone comment until Amanda stumbled across Fit Me (thanks girl, I really appreciate all your input!). I do wish that I had more readers and more comments at times. It's nice to hear different views on the same topic.

I know there is not one solid way of training for fitness. Everyone is different and therefore so are their needs. It also depends on what your goal is. My goal is to build sexy tight muscular legs and arms and have the tightest body possible. So I know that what is going to get me the body I desire is training with weights. It's not everybody's thing, but it's mine. And I like that. It's hard work. I mean come on, if it were easy, everyone would do it and we'd all have awesome bodies. I especially like the fact that not only am I training to become healthier but the rewards from ALL my hard work, time, dedication, sweat and tears are NOTICEABLE! You can tell when people lift weights. It just shows in that tight defined body. And I don't know about you, but if I'm going to spend my precious time doing some form of exercise, I'm gonna want it to show!! What's the definition of insanity again? HAHA...I know you know this!!

Here's a thought: look at a physique competitor. They have just ROCKIN' hard bodies. The women have firm muscular bodies while maintaining feminine curves (unless they take steroids, then they just look like men in bikinis....ew). Now look at the women that place in one of those competitions. Not only do they get a medal or a trophy or whatever it is to put on their shelf, but their bodies are basically a big trophy that they get to walk around with 24/7! Now THAT is the kind of trophy I want!

I'm very pro weight training. It's obvious. But that doesn't mean that I don't think other ways to exercise aren't good too. Running, walking, biking, swimming, bouncing on a trampoline....they are all GREAT ways to get your body moving. And something is better than nothing. Since my goal is muscle, I know simply walking won't get me there. Although I do enjoy it when I want to get away from kids, stress, or just clear my mind. It's more enjoyable when you don't feel like you HAVE to do it. If you don't like something but you have to do it, it's pretty much defined as a chore. And I don't want my workouts to feel like a chore. I do what I like.

So, my rant today is simple, it doesn't matter who you are, what your passion or goal, just get your body moving and do it in a way that's right for you. You are unique. You are individual. And only you can decide what is best for you. Just like I decide what is best for me. And I'll always be pro weight training on this blog. I've been inspired by the people who have worked damn hard to transform their bodies through weight training. And I'm hoping to inspire you too.

If you need more inspiration, look over to the right side of this page under "Fit blogs I love" and click on Summergirl's fit for change and check out the body that girl has built through clean eating and weight training. Absolutely incredible. Now tell me you don't want to look like that!!

No comments: