Thursday, April 21, 2011

I did it

I finally got out of bed and just did it. I jumped out of bed and hit the treadmill and 6:30 this morning on an empty stomach. I'm usually either awake or out of bed anyway depending on the day. Because some days Hanna leaves for early class and Eden doesn't like being downstairs alone. So I was laying there this morning thinking I should just get up and try it since I don't feel any hunger pangs yet. Which was surprising considering I hadn't eaten since dinner last night at 6:00pm.

I have to say, it wasn't really any harder than it usually is an hour after I've eaten breakfast. The only things I have to say about it are that I think I might have held back just a tad more than I normally would simply because I was afraid at the possibility of getting dizzy and passing out. Although it was comforting to know that my husband was still home at that time. And, my neck is still sore. I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not but I strained a muscle in my neck, I don't know what I did exactly but it happened on Monday and it's been pretty painful. I've been rubbing it wih icy hot and laying with a heated vibrating neck wrap on and off throughout the week. I was hoping it would be better by now but it's not. I've done this before, it's so annoying. I'm scheduled for a full body massage on Saturday morning so if it isn't better by then, I'm hoping that will take care of it. Anyway, that probably affected my performance slightly as well. But all in all, it was a success.

I was done by 7:00, and (this is the best part) I held off on eating breakfast until 8:00 - one hour after fasted HIIT. Just in case there is some truth to that whole "burns up to 300% more fat" theory. Drastic times call for drastic measures! Now, I'm not saying I'll be able to do this on every scheduled HIIT day, but it's a good start. It feels so good to be sitting here, dressed and done with exercise at 8:30!

Some new things I've added to my routine this week (besides the fasted cardio) are:
1) I was out of protein powder so I went to GNC to get more but instead of my regular brand (which was a GNC brand 100% whey protein), I'm trying Myoplex. This stuff has 42g of protein in a serving!  I could have gotten the Myoplex Lite which had around 20g of protein and half the calories, but I want to see what more protein could do for me. I plan on replacing both of my snack meals with Myoplex. Just fyi - I got chocolate cream and wow, yummy!
2) I am taking Omega 3-6-9 capsules 3X/day again. I think I probably am getting a good amount with the ground flax I put in my oatmeal every morning and with other foods I eat daily, but I wanted to be sure. I stopped taking them for some reason, I think because the capsules are so damn HUGE! I feel like I'm going to choke whenever I swallow them. But this time I'm going to keep at it.
3) I have ordered a bottle of CLA, just to see if it can really aid my efforts any. I haven't actually taken it yet (since I just ordered it) but I can't wait to get started on it.

In addition to that, I'm still getting BCAAs in the protein powder and also taking creatine daily. Along with a multi-vitamin, those are all the supplements I take.

No comments: